“I have a proven record of providing my clients with quality, results-oriented legal services because I care about them and I fight hard for them. For that reason, many people entrust me with their most important legal issues. Let me put my experience, skill and abilities to work for you.” — Aric J. Garza
Aric J. Garza is licensed throughout the State of Texas and in the United States District Court, Western District of Texas (San Antonio). He is an arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association, commercial and consumer law panels. Mr. Garza is also credentialed as a certified mediator.
Aric has extensive litigation experience, having represented both plaintiffs and defendants in multi-party commercial litigation matters for over 18 years. He has represented businesses, governmental entities and individuals in such cases as consumer law claims involving colleges and universities, nonprofit corporation claims against multinational banks, individual claims against major franchises, breach of contract claims involving large and mid-sized companies, property claims against governmental entities, and cases involving class action claims in bankruptcy adversarial litigation.
Previously, Aric was an Associate with Escamilla & Poneck, Inc., serving as outside general counsel to the San Antonio Development Agency, San Antonio ISD, Harlandale ISD, Edgewood ISD, South San Antonio ISD, and VIA Metropolitan Transit. Aric was also an Associate with Denton Navarro Rocha & Bernal, practicing administrative law and litigation for the City of San Antonio, the City of Shavano Park, San Antonio Water Systems, and the San Antonio Housing Authority.
He has also worked with the Texas Sunset Advisory Commission, Accenture, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Aric received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from St. Mary’s University, a Master’s degree in Public Affairs from the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas at Austin, and a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from St. Mary’s University School of Law.
- Member of the American Bar Association (Litigation and ADR Divisions)
- Member of the State Bar of Texas (Litigation and ADR Sections)
- Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the San Antonio Bar Association (Litigation and ADR Sections)
- Member of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- Member of the State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee (Panel Chair, District 10)
Community and Volunteer Involvement:
- Advisory Board Member, LiftFund Women’s Business Center (San Antonio)
- Volunteer, Texas Lawyer’s Assistance Program
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, San Antonio Bar Foundation
- Member, Fee Dispute Committee and District Courts Committee, San Antonio Bar Association
- Member of the St. Mary’s University Neighborhood Revitalization Task Force
- Former Adjunct Faculty, College of Public Policy at the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA)
- Graduate, State Bar of Texas LeadershipSBOT Program
- Graduate, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program (San Antonio)
- Former Trustee, United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County
- Former Board Member, City of San Antonio Housing Trust, District 8
- Law Clerk, Texas Fourth Court of Appeals (Chief Justice Alma Lopez)
- Author, The Impact of NAFTA On Employment: Is Trade Adjustment Assistance the Answer? (University of Texas Press: Austin 1995)
- Author, Resolving Public Policy Disputes in Texas Without Litigation: The Case for Use of Alternative Dispute Resolution by Governmental Entities. 31 St. Mary’s L.J. 4 (2000)