“. . . this mediation would not have been successful without the skill and expertise of Mr. Garza in keeping the parties together for an entire day in order to settle this litigation. I believe this matter would not have been resolved without the excellent work of Mr. Garza.” — Daniel Kruger, P.C.
Aric J. Garza is a credentialed mediator with the Association of Attorney-Mediators (AAM), the Texas Association of Mediators (TAM) and the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association (TMCA).
Aric is also an active member of the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Dispute Resolution, the State Bar of Texas ADR Section and the San Antonio Bar Association (SABA) ADR Section (Vice-President). He serves as a volunteer attorney mediator with the Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center.
Aric J. Garza mediates the following types of disputes:
- real estate law (HOA/Condo Association claims, residential, commercial)
- commercial law (partnership/shareholder, derivative claims, business dissolution)
- employment law (executive pay, discrimination and harassment claims, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA claims, wage/misclassification/overtime claims, Title IX claims, EEOC claims)
- probate/estate law
- special ADR disputes, including COVID-19, cannabis, and technology/start-up disputes.
To stay safe and to save costs, all mediations are handled by ZOOM.
Aric J. Garza is an experienced arbitrator, with over 60 arbitration assignments totaling over $9 million in claims.
Aric is on the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial, Employment and Consumer Panels of Neutrals. He is also an arbitrator and mediator with the Int’l Institute of Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR Institute).
The following is a representative sample of matters in which Aric J. Garza has been involved as an advocate or arbitrator:
- Represented physicians in an arbitration against physician practices for unfair termination and breach of employment agreements.
- Served as arbitrator in a dispute between parties over breach of a services contract.
- Served as arbitrator in a dispute involving employee overtime wage claims.
- Served as arbitrator in a dispute involving a student with claims against a college for deceptive trade practices.
- Represented the estate of a decedent in a wrongful death claim in a Texas Worker’s Compensation non-subscriber case.
Aric J. Garza’s commercial and business litigation experience offers our clients the ability to have an attorney and support staff who know how to try a case coupled with the experience of an attorney who has served as outside general counsel to private and public sector clients. Litigation takes tremendous resources of time and money. Seldom do companies use litigation as a means of increasing their business, but when they do it is comforting to know that you have the combination of trial attorney and business attorney at your disposal. Most litigation is part of the cost of doing business. Business executives want and need to spend their time doing what they do best – making money for their owners and shareholders. That is why it is important to have an attorney who knows how to evaluate the facts and the law and can advise you when it is best to settle or to try the case.
Representative examples of the types of cases are:
- Represented a family in litigation resulting from the death of a parent/spouse who was exposed to hazardous materials. Assisted in obtaining large favorable settlements for family against large companies.
- Represented a family partnership creditor in several bankruptcy court proceedings, resulting favorable rulings for creditor.
- Represented small business in shareholder dispute and demand for dissolution that threatened to destroy the company. Negotiated a favorable resolution allowing original family to maintain business.
- Represented a business in a patent litigation case against a much larger regional company. This case resulted in a no cost dismissal of all claims against our client.
- Represented plaintiff/students in Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims against colleges that resulted in favorable settlements.
For more information about our Litigation, Mediation or Arbitration practice, contact us through our Client Portal today.